Courtesy Rules at Reno-Stead Airport
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE COMMON COURTESY RULES WHILE YOU ARE OPERATING ON THE
RENO- STEAD AIRPORT
1. Aircraft always have the right of way. Respect the yellow line.
2. Taxi lanes are for aircraft movement. Please park all vehicles in taxi lanes close to your hangar so as not to interfere with aircraft movement. Most hangars have room for only two vehicles parked parallel in front of the hangar. A “wing walker” should never be necessary for someone to taxi in taxi lanes. If a wing walker is necessary, then the alley is obstructed.
3. Do not perform any maintenance on hangar ramps where the aircraft obstructs movement of other aircraft along the yellow line.
4. Vehicles should not exceed 25 MPH unless otherwise posted. Obey all posted traffic signs and slow as appropriate for conditions.
5. If you do not rent or own the hangar, do not assume you can park there. Use an authorized parking space at the end of a hangar row.
6. Due to high wind conditions, any and all trash in front of hangars is unacceptable. Take large trash items to the Transfer Station on Mt. Anderson Street, two blocks south of the Airport. Oil should be disposed of by carefully pouring it into the waste oil receptacle. ONLY OIL can be disposed of in this receptacle! All other fluids should be taken to the Transfer Station. Batteries should be traded in when a new battery is purchased. Promptly clean up all spills of fuel or other fluids and dispose of the soiled absorption material properly.
7. Do not put furniture or barbeques out in the taxi lane where they will obstruct aircraft movement.
8. The discharge of firearms is prohibited at the Airport.
9. All aircraft painting is limited pursuant to Washoe County Regulations.
10. If you like music in your hangar, keep it to a reasonable volume level.
11. Animals and small children should not run free at the Airport. All animals must be leashed and under control at all times.